Pages

Friday 24 November 2017

We finally went to Rangitoto yah

    
Today we went to Rangitoto to climb all the way the volcano the walk up the 1 hour so it took very long I drank my water half way up and then I had no more  water until I got to the top of the volcano . When we we're walking up the volcano we came across lava rocks and the lady that sponsored us said that we could take a rock to show our parents , so I did they we're 500 years old it was so cool . On the way up on the volcano I never stop because I wanted to get to the top of the volcano before my friends got up there, My friends short of chatted up with me like Chelsie,Sale and Meliana they were pretty tired like me but I didn't stop . After that we ask people that made to the top of the volcano if we were close some people said yes you are a few min away and the other people didn't know wither they we were close enough . We finally made it to the top of the volcano and it was with it because you get a good view to look at all the other volcanos in the sea . When we made it to the top my teacher Mr Naidoo was still at the bottom because he was the last teacher to leave for the big hike that we had , then we when  we saw out teacher  we were all rested a ready to go down the volcano and go into the lava caves that were pitch black . Then when we all got through the rocks and the roots and all that kind of stuff we made it to the lava caves . When we got there we saw a lava cave that was short but the middle one you had to duck your head you trip over roots it was really black so everybody had to take teachers phones for the torches my phone my  friends phones and yeh .
When you go to Rangitoto it's worth it because once you get to the top you get a great view and you get to experience the lava caves , you can have a great time . Even through it is an hour walk up and down you will a a fantstic time there . The sponsors were kidscan/ coffee club/and fullers for the fairy ride . When you also walk up and your tired great 360 view you can see the other volcanos the sea you can take pictures . Rangitoto is also pest free so it is only a brid island . 


0 comments:

Post a Comment