Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Wonderful birthday

During the holidays we celebrated a lovely birthday party for my mums
glorious friend. We had the party at her house,  we kept the birthday party
as a surprise because she dislikes surprises that’s why we kept it as a secret.

First, I stepped into the kitchen to help my mum prepare all of the
delicious food.  The food was all marinated, mixed and combined
together and it was ready to cook.

Next, my mum and I baked, cooked and fried all of the food for at
least a couple of hours because we had a large amount of food to cook.
We cooked everything as my mum and I left the food to cool down on the table.


Then, our whanau helped to set up the tables and chairs, we had set out all
of the kai like pork, steak, salad, bacon & egg pie, doughnuts and many many
more items. Our whanau surprised my mums friend with a big “SURPRISE”
they had said. The food was finally ready to eat it had taken a very very long time
to cook everything at once, the pleasant food smelt amazing. Our family started
taking pictures and no one ate it until they posted it on facebook.


Finally, we cleaned inside and out to make sure my mums friends place was
spotless because it was her birthday and she needed a break from cleaning
something that isn’t her mess.


I enjoyed baking with my mum because she is the best baker I’ve ever known,
I wish my family could do this again in the upcoming year because I would
like to surprise her again even though she doesn't like it.  

1 comments:

Meliana @ Glen Innes school said...

Kia ora Nastazia, I like the way you write your recount because it is very good to read. When I write my recount I don't really write how you write because I don't do words that at very big only big.
What would you write in your next recount?

Post a Comment