Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Top 3 fun facts about NZ

                                                          Top 3 fun facts
My very first fun fact about New Zealand is that, Gisborne is the first city in the world to be exposed by the sun. Gisborne is only 496.3 kilometres away  from the sun, The reason why I chose this as my first verse is because, there are only 4416 cities and 195 countries in the world and out of all the countries and cities in the world, the sun is first exposed to Gisborne, New Zealand that's amazing!

In 1645, Dutch cartographers renamed the land Nova Zeelandia after the Dutch province of Zeeland. British explorer James Cook subsequently anglicised the name to New Zealand. Aotearoa translated as "land of the long white cloud" is the current Māori name for New Zealand.

Last but not least New Zealand is one out of  three countries in the world that has two official national anthems of equal standing.  The first is God Save the Queen and the other is God Defend New Zealand.

2 comments:

Izzy SLJ said...

Hey Nastazia

My name is Izzy and I am part of the team with the Summer Learning Journey who gets to read your blog over the holidays. You have made such a strong start already. Way to go!

I love the facts that you have picked. I didn’t know that our dairy farmers produced that much butter and cheese per person each year. Thanks for teaching me about that. It was really interesting. Although, I'm sure I eat more than 65 kg of cheese a year. Maybe I’m eating someone else's share!

I look forward to reading more of you blog.

Cheers,
Izzy

Meliana @ Glen Innes school said...

Hey Nastazia

It good that you have started doing the SLJ
because I am and when next year comes we both will
improve our reading and writing whe we are year 7

Post a Comment